The Church of the Holy Communion was organized on August 26, 1860, in Lake Mahopac. The first church building on East Lake Boulevard was opened in 1884. Our current building on Route 6 was opened in 1966.

Today we are a diverse congregation, representative of the area in which our members live and work. All are welcome to join us for worship, fellowship, and service to the community.

On July 9, 2017, the Church of the Holy Communion adopted a new mission statement as follows:

Following the example of Jesus Christ, our mission is to welcome all who seek to know God’s transforming love at every stage of their spiritual journey; to proclaim the good news of Christ through worship, fellowship and outreach; and to encourage ministries of charity, justice and spiritual growth.